Friday, January 27, 2012

What a year!

Happy Birthday Cohen Hunter!
 I can't believe that one year ago today we welcomed Cohen into the world. I never imagined that his first year would have been the roller coaster that it has been, but look at him now! Some days it feels like he has been part of our little family forever, but other days it feels like he just joined us. Over the last year, we have had many ups and downs, doctors appointments, and therapy sessions that have brought us to today. I am so thankful for this little guy! His little smile and giggles light up the room and can make anyone's day. He adores his big brother and they are really starting to interact and play together. Cohen has taught me patience like nothing else ever has. In the last year, I have really learned to embrace each day and not to worry about the little things. As I have been looking back at his "month" pictures I can't believe the way he has changed and progressed. He is doing new things all the time, and has definitely become our more adventurous one. He is very inquisitive and loves getting into everything. Cohen is truly a Daddy's boy and I love the way he lights up (and squeals!) when Scott walks in the room. I am so proud to be his mommy and I can't wait to see what the future holds for him. Cohen Hunter, we love you sweet boy! 

We have goals for him to try to achieve and a big one was for him to be hands and knees crawling for his first birthday. He woke up on Sunday morning and made up his mind he could do it!
He took a tumble into the bookshelf and gained a birthday bruise on his forehead.

0 comments: